Supernatural instincts and Harry.

 

Have you guys ever survived a sibling attack? Well, I have. So, for those who don’t know what a sibling attack is, it's when your sister or brother comes and hits you for no specific reason! There were incidents where my brother swung his fists, and BOOM, I was out of oxygen for a while (sigh)๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค. 
On the other hand, there were also incidents when my superpowers would act up. It's when my brother just tried to hit me and guess what I did? Without flinching, I stopped his fists with my whole hand and walked away without turning back as if I were this story's hero (Wonder Woman background score)๐Ÿ˜Ž. And he would stare at me while he missed his attack. 

So, enough of the drama, and let me explain these instincts. Instincts are innate behaviors that are necessary for an individual's survival. It is almost similar to reflexes, where we respond to external stimuli. Instincts are unlearned, natural, involuntary, automatic responses to external stimuli.



There’s a person that I want you all to know about. He’s called Harry. Harry was one of the most handsome guys I had ever met. His brown eyes glittered when sunlight hit his eyes. He was a lively and cheerful little cutie that anyone would fall for. He was a handsome four-legged Indian breed with black and chocolate-colored skin. And yes, he was as naughty as anyone would be. His coming behind me for a piece of meat was usual, but little did I wonder why he would always chase squirrels, cats, and other fancy stuff that he found interesting. It was then that I found out that all animals show specific innate characteristics prominent in their behavior.
 
 
Harry staring at a butterfly.

Dogs have certain behaviors, such as fetching, chasing, digging, barking, etc. For example, they are triggered by bright, moving objects such as balls and frisbees and tend to go and fetch them. They also have a strong sense of smell, which they constantly use for sniffing objects. Sniffing helps them maintain a strong connection with their loved ones, and they also use this property to find their way back if they get lost.  These specific habits are due to Modal Action Patterns (MAPs) present in them. MAPs are certain learned behaviors among animals, such as feeding habits, territorial defense, prey capture, etc. These behaviors are present in dogs, other animals, and humans. Even though they are learned behaviors, specific characteristic properties can be innately present in them, and the differentiation between learned and innate behaviors cannot be made and is not definite. 

 


Comments

Popular Posts